If you are setting goals for the new year in the second week of December, then you, my darling, are not proactive enough. For brands and businesses, the month of December should be for reviewing the past activities of the year, re-strategising for the next year, balancing your books, creating a budget for next year and so much more. What the next year holds is at the top of every entrepreneur’s mind, given that Nigeria is still recovering from a recession. I’m sharing ten goals to bear in mind to push both entrepreneurs and career folk to the next level next year.
- Improve your understanding of which market strategies yield the most profit for your company.
- Analyse your market to better evaluate the expectations of your customers and how to satisfy them.
- Develop strategy that will convert more leads to sales by breaking the barriers between sales and marketing.
- Network and get more involved in your industry.
- Stay informed about new technology that will keep you connected to clients.
- Launch an important, valuable project for your company.
- Identify and understand trends that would affect and change your industry in the next few years and plan ahead for it.
- Incorporate lessons learned from the past year into next year.
- Learn to delegate, stop micro-managing.
- Give something back to your community.
I’m trying to keep the articles shorter and more straightforward, so there you have it. You can focus on all or just a few of these goals, as it applies to you. If you want to talk about your business or career, or even how to go about incorporating these goals into your strategy, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.